Thursday, January 1, 2009

WOD 1-1-09

From crossfit.com:

Thursday 090101
"Murph"
For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

I completed the workout in 42:17:46 with no weighted vest.

I broke the exercises down like so:

1 mile run (8:30)
100 pull-ups (4 sets of 25)
200 push-ups (4 sets of 25 and 2 sets of 50)
300 squats (3 sets of 50 and 2 sets of 75)
1 mile run (8:40)

I did a set of pull-ups, a set of push-ups, and set of squats and rotated through until I finished, no rest between sets.

I have an IronGym so I was able to do assissted pull-ups, then took the IronGym and used it for push-ups which I did on my knees.

This workout was a killer and my arms currently feel like jello (had a really good traditional back and bicep workout at gym yesterday) and I am sure my legs will feel it in the morning. Heart rate was up the whole time, and I really enjoyed it! Great start to a new year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a workout! Thanks for posting this - I am going to try and work these crossfit workouts into my marathon/tri training to build strength. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete