Friday, January 2, 2009

WOD 1-2-09

From crossfit.com:

"With a continuously running clock do one 135 pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 135 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 135 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute... continuing as long as you are able."

This was my first foray into Clean and Jerks so I was a little intimidated. However I welcomed the challenge and got to the gym at about 6:15 am. Luckily it was pretty empty so I had a good space in front of the mirror and clock (used my watch as well) to do this workout. I scaled the weight down to 65 pounds. I was able to go for 7 minutes and then do 5 reps into the 8th minute.

It was pretty tough and a full-body workout, but it was short so I did some additional detail work:
- triceps with superset of overhead cable extensions and cable press-downs (2 x 25)
- shoulders with supersets of front raises, lateral raises and overhead press (3 x 15)
- calves with standing calf raises (3 x 20)
- abs with oblique twists w/ 10 lb. weight (3 x 20) and hanging knee raises (3 x 15)

I wanted to do a little more cardio but a call from the office meant my workout was over and I had to head home to work. Tomorrow will be nice because I will have no time restraints. I have to work at the gym today 1 - 7:30 with a couple of open hours, so I am going to get in some cardio on the treadmill, hopefully about 45 minutes of walking at a 15 % incline.

I'm excited to see what tomorrow's workout will be, my back and chest are definitely feeling it from yesterday, but legs aren't too bad yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment