Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday Workout

Well today was a CrossFit rest day, but since I didn't get in a long workout yesterday (closed gym early so I didn't get in my extra cardio either) I devised my own workout for today. I was more sore that I thought I would be this morning though, from yesterday's clean and jerk workout. My back was more sore than anything. But I was able to sleep in this morning (7 am!), eat my strawberry yogurt with granola and get ready for the gym. Here is what I did (30 seconds rest between every set):
  • push-up/crunch countdown starting at 15 (15 push-ups, 15 crunches, 14 push-ups, 14 crunches...and so on until you get down to 1). I do these on my knees and want to continue to do on my knees and work my way up to starting at 20, and once I can do that I will probably try regular push-ups starting at 10.
  • 3 x 15 superset of close grip bicep barbell curl/close-grip bench press (30# bar)

  • 50 reps on leg extension machine (10 each at 75#/60#/45#/30#/15#)

  • 3 x 20 leg lifts/hips raises (abs) on bench (10 lifts/10 raises)

  • 3 x 10 squat w/ front raise - 25# plate (wide stance squat touching plate to floor, then raising plate from between legs up and over head)

  • 3 x failure "shoulder march" - 25# plate (start with arms extended overhead holding plate, bring plate down to right shoulder while bringing right knee up, back overhead, down to left shoulder while bringing left knee up - that's 1) was able to do 10 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps

  • bent knee raise on "Roman Chair" 3 x failure - 35/30/35

  • finished with 30 minutes on LifeFitness Cross Trainer (kind of a first generation elliptical) "Hill" program (burned 375 calories and went 3.25 miles)

I'm telling you what, this workout surely kicked my butt. See below:






Feel much better now though! Got a good stretch in and about to take a nice hot shower and should be good to go. I have to train at the gym tomorrow 7:30 - 1:00 but only have clients at 8 and 9, so will be able to get in tomorrow's CrossFit workout while getting paid!


1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that maybe I can keep up with the CrossFit Kids workouts.

    ReplyDelete