Friday, January 16, 2009

WODs 1-15 and 1-16

WOD 1-15-09:

Overhead squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps
Post loads to comments.

Sadly I was only able to do 45# on these. My shoulder strength and balance just weren't there. I did some additional shoulder and tricep work after the OHS and also did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 4.0 speed and 15% incline and then some abs.


WOD 1-16-09:

For time:
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 30 reps
50 Pull-ups

30 GHD Sit-ups
30 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 20 reps
35 Pull-ups

50 GHD Sit-ups
50 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 10 reps
20 Pull-ups

Post time to comments.

Eeeek! Haha this was a tough one. It was good though. "GHD" refers to the Glute Ham Developer. Thrusters are where you do a front squat and then a shoulder press from the standing position. Rx'd for 95 lbs. but I did 45 lbs. And I did assisted pull-ups, no surgical tubing yet but will probably buy that in Houston. Did some experimenting with using a resistance band and let's just say it wasn't a good idea. It was a really good workout, and I know my shoulders are going to be killing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment