Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WOD 1-13-09

For time:

155 pound Power clean 15 reps
30 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 12 reps
24 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 9 reps
18 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 6 reps
12 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 3 reps
6 Ring dips
Post time to comments.


Wow. I looked at this on Monday night and nearly fainted. My back and biceps were probably the most sore they have ever been. Which is definitely good, but I cannot even imagine if I had not subbed the push ups for the pull ups. Anyways, I overslept a little bit on Tuesday morning, my lower back was so sore I could not even fathom standing up, so I pressed snooze every ten minutes for an hour. I think the max I have ever pressed snooze is twice, if that gives you any idea of what kind of pain I was in. But, it turned out to be a good thing because when I got to the gym around 7:30 it was practically empty. I don't have any access to gymnastics rings, so I subbed assisted dips in for the ring dips. I also scaled the weight back on the power cleans to 85#. Also as a side note I am thinking about buying some surgical tubing which I have heard is a good way to do assissted pullups or dips. The assisst with my foot has been working well, but I think I am ready to step up the degree of difficulty, with the end goal of one day being able to Kipping pullups, or even dead-hang pullups.


So, I did the power cleans and dips in 16:35. It was definitely a good workout and I felt that it loosened up my back a little bit, but really worked my forearms and traps. Afterwards I spent about 15 minutes stretching and foam-rolling my back, which felt really good.


This morningmy alarm went off at 5:30 and I just didn't really feel all that great, stuffy nose, I was really sweaty, and all of that good stuff, so I decided to just lay there for a bit. Well I fell back asleep and woke up at 7:45! There were some things I had to do for work and I had to take my truck to the Toyota dealership at 10 to check on some lights that have burned out. Tomorrow is a rest day, so I decided to swap today and tomorrow, and do the Overhead Squat workout tomorrow. I think it will be good because it will give my lower back an extra day to recover, and I just wouldn't have been able to do much this morning. So, I will post the loads for tomorrow's squat workout tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Maggie - You sound like you are trying to kill yourself by working out. Lighten up girl. You have a long trip ahead of you. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to kill yourself? Don't forget you have a move to make. Lighten up girl! MOM

    ReplyDelete