Friday, February 6, 2009

WOD 2-6-09

Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps
Post loads to comments.

Okay, so I will start off with a brief description of each lift (at least what I understand them to be):

  • Shoulder press: hold bar at shoulder height, press bar above head (travels in front of the face) using only shoulders
  • Push press: same movement for bar as shoulder press, but you "dip the hips" and press the bar up as you are driving your body up with the legs (push with the legs, press with the shoulders)
  • Push jerk: still same movement for bar as shoulder press, but you dip a little lower and drive through the legs and jump as you press the weight above the head

I used 50 lbs. for all the above lifts - a 10 lb. barbell with 4 10 lb. plates. I wish I would have gone for 60 lbs, I think I would have been able to do that even though it would have been tough. My shoulders were definitely burning with the 50 lbs. though. I started off with a 1 mile warm-up run, didn't want to do the whole two miles as I wanted to give my legs/hamstrings a little bit of a break, but I ended up doing another half mile after the workout, so I guess I should have gone ahead and done the two miles to start. Looking forward to another good one tomorrow as it has been warming up, probably in the high 60s to 70s in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment