Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WOD 3-31-09

"Lucky 7s"

7 Rounds For Time:

7 Thrusters (35 lbs)
7 Pull-Ups (alternate Gravitron w/ 60 lb assist and "Australian" ring pull-ups with rounds)
200 meter jump-rope

Time: 19:57


Before the workout started I had delusions of a time around 15:00, but after I got going, I was very happy with sub 20:00. The thrusters and jump ropes weren't bad all, although the jump rope was a little awkward at first but once I got the rythym it was pretty smooth. It was the pullups that were the toughest, even with the assist.

On my 7th round before I started the pullups I asked Laura what my time was, I think it was around 17:30. I said "I'm going for under 20" and really focused on that and made it! But I was beat afterwards, it was a great workout. We did a TON of good core stuff to start off with and I am definitely going to be feeling it tomorrow.

In tomorrow night and then its rest day on Thursday - my glutes are already counting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment