Thursday, May 21, 2009

WOD 5-21-09

2 Rounds of Each Couplet:

750 meter row
20 Hand Stand Push-Ups (subbed bench push-ups, toes on the bench, head down, basically an L shaped HSPU with some assisstance from the bench)

20 Thrusters (45 lbs.)
20 L Pull-Ups (subbed kipping pull-ups)

Time: 25:10


Well - drumroll please - today marks my FIRST official workout of doing pull-ups in a workout with NO bands!!! Wahooo! It was so awesome to not have to use any assisstance, and thank you Coach Laura for pushing me to keep working on the pull-ups. Now, they are by no means the prettiest pull-ups you will see, nor can I do no more than 1 or 2 before resetting, but it is leaps and bounds from where I started. So I still have a ways to go before I can do them well, but I can see the strength really developing and I love it! As we all know, hand stand push-ups are my Achilles heel right now. But, just about a month ago that spot was reserved for burpees, and dare I say that I almost even like burpees now. So, I know the hand stand push-ups will come.

I think working on them at home will be the quickest way to get them. I don't like being able to not do them at the gym, beacause I get so frustrated with myself. I'd rather fail miserably in the privacy of my home! Ha! Just kidding, sort of. But I worked constantly on pull-ups at home (and will continue to do so), so I will just do the same with the HSPU and see where that gets me!

Getting ready for Saturday morning's competition by taking a rest day tomorrow. Ah! So nervous, but confident as well. We shall see. I just want to be a good representative for Taylor Sport and show everyone what they are missing out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment