Thursday, May 28, 2009

WOD 5-26-09

"Barbell Tuesday"

We worked on the snatch today. It was my first time to do this with a barbell, before we had only used the dowels or dumbbells for 1-arm muscle snatches. I like this lift, and have discovered that whenever I do an overhead squat I need to snatch it to get it into position over my head, because for some reason it is easier for me to lock out overhead this way. All mental, probably, but I'll take what I can get! We worked on snatches for about 40 minutes then went onto the workout:

3 rounds (never dropping the barbell):

5 Hang Power Snatches
5 Snatch Press (basically a wide grip, behind the neck shoulder press)
5 Overhead Squats
At end: 200 jump ropes

Time: 5:28

I used about 44 lbs. for this workout: 15 kilo bar + (2) 2.5 kilo bumper plates. The snatch presses were by far the toughest part. But I was able to do it without putting the bar down, so I was proud of that. Another great "barbell Tuesday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment