Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WOD 6-29-09

3 rounds for time:

200 meter sandbag carry (35 lbs.)
15 dumbbell cleans (12 lbs.)
15 pull-ups

Time: 14:52

This was a great met-con to jump start the week. I was a little tight from Saturday, but we went through an extensive warm up and everything really loosened up. I wanted to start the week off right with a good time, and I was shooting for under 15 minutes. The pull-ups were the toughest part but I think I am getting better at them, grip continues to be a limiting factor. Would like to order a pair of "NewGrips" and see how those go...I just worry about the pad being too thick, because it is a thick bar to begin with and I struggle to get my hands around. I could have gone a little heavier on the cleans, and will bump up to 15 or so next time. I'm going to finish up each workout with 10 burpees, because I figure if I can do 10 in a row when I am exhausted, mentally and physically it will prepare me to do them better in a WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment