Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WOD 6-9-09

"Barbell Tuesday"

Back Squat: 5x5x5x5x5

Let me just preface by saying that I have never had much confidence in my legs. I just don't believe they are that strong! And maybe that is half the problem, lacking the confidence. I know I have the endurance for a ton of air or tabata squats, but when it gets down to going heavy, I get nervous. So here are the results:

65 lbs. - 89 lbs. - 111 lbs. - 121 lbs. - 123.2 lbs (failed, only got 2 reps)

So 121 lbs. was actually a PR by 3 lbs. The last time I did back squats was on 3-31 and my max was 118 for 3 reps. And let me just say there is a BIG difference between 3 reps and 5 when you are going heavy. So I would have liked to have done 121 again to make up for the failed 5th set, but because of the time I had to take it as is. I know it is almost all mental, so I am going to work on that. Also Coach Laura said she is going to incorporate more back squats into the programming, so as I do them more I can (hopefully) only get better!

Abs were absolutely killing yesterday from Monday night's workout. Not so much of a soreness (feeling that now though) as a tightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment