Thursday, July 2, 2009

WOD 7-1-09

20 mins amrap (as many rounds as possbile):

12 Thrusters (65 lbs.)
10 Burpees

Rounds: 6 plus 2 thrusters

By far one of the toughest workouts I have done. In my opinion, thrusters and burpees are two of the toughest, most unforgiving Crossfit exercises. And it was so hot, I worked out at the 6pm class and that gym is an oven. My goal was 5 rounds, and I think I finished the 5th round with about 5 minutes to spare. Coaches Jason and Laura were pushing me for one more round, and Leeann had already started her 6th round so I knew I had to go for it. I finished the 6th with 10 seconds to spare, so I was able to squeeze in the two additional thrusters.
I broke up each round of thrusters into 3 rounds of 4, and that seemed to work pretty well. I was happy with that, because the last time I did thrusters I was down to singles, so being able to knock out 4 at a time was a big step. I watch the videos of the major players in CF and they do Fran (21-15-9: 65 lb. thrusters and pull-ups) like it is nothing. I would love to be able to knock out 21 thrusters in a row, and that is what I am working towards. Baby steps for now, but I know it will pay off. Rest day today thank goodness, then in on Friday and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment