Sunday, August 2, 2009

WOD 7-31-09

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

7 Overhead Squats (55 lbs.)
11 Ball Slams (12 lbs.)

10 rounds + 7 OHS and 8 Ball Slams

I was the only one working out Friday morning so it was nice to have Thea and Jason all to myself. Thea worked with me on snatches for the first 40 minutes, really focusing on that first half of the movement - getting the bar off the ground and standing up. I really enjoyed this and the one on one was really helpful. It was so hot and humid though, and I was already drenched before the workout even started.

Overhead squats always give me trouble, because I tend to rock up on my toes. But I think the main reason for that is when I get tired locking out the weight overhead it collapses forward, and that momentum just drives everything forward. So I really focused on keeping an active shoulder and locking it out and keep the weight behind me, and it made a huge difference.

Cardio wise this workout was a killer, and I guess it is just because you've got pretty much everything firing during the overhead squats, and ball slams are just more squats and brining the ball overhead and down so you've got everything going on that one too.

I could definitely feel it in my shoulders, as they were killing me just running on Saturday morning. Good pain though, because I know they were supposed to be sore! Legs didn't feel too bad, I was a little stiff in my hips on Friday afternoon, but not too bad.

Friday night was my niece's 11th birthday party at Bay Area Raceway in Dickinson and I knew there was going to be pizza and cake, so I figured I would have that as my cheat meal for the week. I could barely get down two pieces of pizza (should have stopped at one) and a small piece of cake. My stomach KILLED me for the rest of the night. I really think that cheat meals are designed to make you feel so sick that you don't even want to think about eating that food again. I know that is defintely the case with me, and I don't plan on eating pizza again any time soon. The cake was pretty good though! Ha. But when it comes to "sweets" I am perfectly content with fruit. So thats good. I know people say the Zone is a pain because of all the measuring and calculations, but it really is worth it and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment