Monday, September 28, 2009

WOD 9-26-09

"Howdy Partner"
With a partner, cannot be working at same time, 1 partner must do at least 25% of work

800 meter run: 400 meters forwards, 400 meters backwards

Then...

100 med-ball sit-ups (10 lbs.)
200 jump ropes
200 push-ups
100 med-ball cleans (14 lbs.)
100 pull-ups
100 DB thrusters (20 lb. dbs)

Time: 51:10

Well, this was borderline disastrous. It was my partner's first workout and bless his heart, it was just too much for him to handle. So, he bailed out when we started the med ball cleans. So we split the situps, split the jump ropes, but I ended up doing 150 push-ups and 100 med-ball cleans. After that, I was wiped. Luckily Matt was able to step in and help me finish the pull-ups and thrusters. I did 50 pull-ups and I think I did 40 thrusters.

The thrusters nearly got me, and for the first time ever I did not know if I could complete a workout. I was really close to throwing in the towel. Matt saved me from doing my last 10 reps by doing 20 himself, and that was awesome to know we were done.

It was a tough workout, and overall I am glad it worked out the way it did because I got a ton of work in, and I know in the end that will pay off. I was very very sore on Sunday, but I feel better today. Back at it tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment