Monday, October 12, 2009

Oktoberfest Obliteration 10-10-09

Well, it is safe to say I was obliterated! I did well enough in WOD 1 to qualify for WOD 2, in which I took 6th place out 10 competitors. Pretty dismal placing, but I am thankful for the great workouts and the learning opportunity. Here are the details of the workouts.

WOD 1

Run 400 meters
15 Thrusters (65 lbs.)
Row 500 meters
15 Power Cleans (75 lbs.)
150 Jump Ropes
15 Power Cleans
Row 500 meters
15 Thrusters
Run 400 meters

Time: 17:36

I had three of my thrusters (first set) not count because my head was not all the way through on the lockout. This really cost me some time. I was able to make up some time on the jump rope and second half of the WOD and finished 4th in my heat. That last run was probably the toughest run of my life - my shoulders were shot and I just couldn't catch my breath. Made it through though!

There was a team event that took place between the individual's WODs 1 and 2 and that was really fun to watch. I can't wait until Crossfit Bay Area has some great teams competing in these competitions! It was also really fun to watch all of the other individual competitors. The women who competed in the Standard Women's division were absolute beasts - 95 lb. thrusters and 105 lb. power cleans - I can only hope I will be at that level one day soon. It was great to watch the world's 5th fittest woman Lindsey Smith in action, as she stayed calm and collected throughout her entire heat.


WOD 2:

Run 100 meters to retrieve 10 lb. med ball, run 100 meters back to wall with ball
30 wall ball shots
Run 100 meters to retrieve 25 lb. kettlebell, run 100 meters back to mat with kb
30 kettlebell swings
Run 100 meters to retrieve 53 lb. kettlebell, run 100 meters back to mat with kb
30 sumo deadlift high pulls
Run 100 meters to retrieve two 20 lb. dumbbells, run 100 meters back to mat with db
30 man makers (push up, right arm row, left arm row, stand up, clean dbs to rack position, db overhead press = 1 rep)
Run 200 meters with 40 lb. "sandbag"

Time: ~ 18:30 (not sure of exact time, but it was 18 something)

WOD 2 was actually much more enjoyable than WOD 1. I was in third place going into the man makers. Those man makers killed me though, and I just couldn't move fast enough and ended up falling into 6th place.

I am having trouble uploading pictures, so I will do that on another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment