Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WOD 4-19-10

Went for a 15 mile bike ride on Sunday - felt good and I was able to beat the rain. Then as soon as I got back I did a quick jog to end of the street, just to get me legs used to that transition. I signed up for my first triathlon which will be May 23!

Then, my mom said she wanted to see how far she could make it when trying to run a mile. She knew she wouldn't be able to run the whole thing and would have to take some breaks, so she just wanted to gauge how far she could get before having to walk. She made it to right about 0.40 miles and had to walk, but after she caught her breath she started back running. In total I would say she was able to jog for at least 0.75 miles, and she finished in 13:30! She really worked hard and hopefully we can do this weekly. I am also excited to do this with Michelle to see how far she can make it and what her time is. This time last year they were both at about a 20:00 mile! So they are making tremendous improvements.

Okay, onto the Monday night WOD.

Overhead Squats
3-3-3-3-3
15k - 25k - 34k - 40k - 47k (103 lbs.)

then....

4 rounds with a 5 minute rest between each round

With 5 minutes on the clock:

Run 600 meters

With remaining time do AMRAP of
5 dips (skinny black band assist)
10 push ups

Round 1: 4 rounds + 4 dips
Round 2: 4 rounds
Round 3: 3 rounds + 5 dips + 5 push ups
Round 4: 3 rounds + 5 dips + 7 push ups

This one was TOUGH! Starting out on those runs in the later rounds was painful and awkward because I felt like I had no control of my arms. My chest, shoulders, triceps were so fatigued from the dips and push ups! This was an ass-kicking WOD and I am just glad I was able to stay fairly consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment