Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1-6-09 Post

I woke up this morning w a shocker of a headache so I decided to take today as my rest day. I really needed it too, asd my last day off was a full 7 days ago. With crossfit workouts, you definitely need to take the rest days when you can. Tomorrow's workout is going to be brutal, it involves running, rope climbing and hand-stand push-ups. Ill probably workout at home and just do towel pullups as a sub for rope climbing and lord knows how the hand-stand pushups will go. But if I'm going to fail miserably at them I'd rather be in the privacy of my own home.So we had a bit of a poison ivy scare this morning. Apparently someone (or something) got sick in the bushes in front of my building and Pod was hell-bent on checking it out (as I was screaming at him/gagging simultaneously). Well he is a strong little guy and dashed into the bushes and caught me off balance, and I found myself ankle deep in a bed of ivy. I figured, who in their right mind would landscape with poison ivy?? I was able to wrangle pod out of the bushes and get him inside, but about an hour later my foot was itching/burning uncontrollably. Its fine now and I never got a rash or anything, so all was well. It was a busy day with work and then I had to be here at the gym at 430, with 6 clients for the night. Hopefully I can get home a little before 9 and watch "the real housewives of orange county" that I dvr'd. Should be good! My back is super sore and I am sure that tomorrow's wod will do nothing to help that!

No comments:

Post a Comment