Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WOD 1-7-09

As Rx'd:

Complete four rounds for time:
- Run 400 meters
- 15 Handstand Push-ups
- 15 ft Rope Climb, 2 ascents

What I did:

Complete four rounds for time:
- Run 400 meters
- 15 Barbell Shoulder Presses (standing, 45#)
- 30 Assisted towel-pull ups

Time: 25:12:06

Whoo this one was a toughie! I ended up going to the gym rather than doing this at home because I knew it would be easier to do the 400 m run on a treadmill. Also I'm still a little gunshy with the handstand push-ups, so I took the easy way out with shoulder presses (although those were definitely tough as well). Luckily the gym was not crowded so I was able to go back and forth from the squat rack (where I did my shoulder presses and pull ups) to a treadmill. This was a great cardio workout and strength workout, and I know my back and forearms are going to kill tomorrow. After I finished the four rounds I just sat on a bench and recovered for about 3 minutes, and then did some sit-ups (2 x 25). I anchored my feet at the back of an incline bench (set at about 45 degrees) and started with my back on the floor, hands out and came up until my hands hit the top of the bench, then all the way down to the back touching the floor. These were pretty tough with the full ROM and I definitely think I'll be feeling those tomorrow as well.

I am hoping to find a CrossFit affiliate when I get back to Texas so that I will have access to more things (rope, Olympic weight sets, medicine balls, kettlebells, etc.) and also for the competition. Right now I can look on the comments section and compare my times or weights to other CrossFitters, but I think doing the WOD with other people will be really fun and make me push myself to the max. I don't think there are any in Clear Lake, so maybe I will continue to do my own workouts during the week and find a CrossFit affiliate for a Saturday workout. We shall see. Anyways, better get to work..and maybe experiment some with those handstand push-ups.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I've begun my marathon and triathlon training (will make a blog post soon) and I feel great. 3 mile run this morning plus a leg and abs workout. Tomorrow I will bike and run, plus do arms. I am going to incorporate assisted pull-ups into my arm workout. I check out CrossFits WOD everyday, but I'm too intimidated to try them!

    ReplyDelete