Saturday, January 24, 2009

WOD 1-21-09

For time:
15 Handstand push-ups
1 L Pull-up
13 Handstand push-ups
3 L Pull-ups
11 Handstand push-ups
5 L Pull-ups
9 Handstand push-ups
7 L Pull-ups
7 Handstand push-ups
9 L Pull-ups
5 Handstand push-ups
11 L Pull-ups
3 Handstand push-ups
13 L Pull-ups
1 Handstand push-up
15 L Pull-ups
Post time to comments.

This one was full of substitutions. I am still scared to death of handstand push-ups. And L pull-ups, mercy. An L pull up is what you would imagine it to be: overhand grip on bar, raise legs up so your body is in an L shape, then do a pull up. I opted for assisted pull ups on this one. I have a new set-up for assisted pull ups at the gym. I take the Smith bar and set the bar to the highest setting. Then I take a 50 lb. dumbbell and set it out in front of me and then put a foot on the dumbbell for assistance. I subbed in 45# shoulder presses for the handstand push-ups. I think my time was close to 13:00 on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment