Friday, January 9, 2009

WOD 1-9-09

From crossfit.com:

Front Squat
5-5-5-5-5 reps
Post loads to comments.

Oooh the squat. Legs were already aching from the 1oo I did yesterday. But, those were only bodyweight and today was weighted. The front squat differs from the back squat in that you rest the bar on your shoulders right under your chin, and you don't grip the bar, just hold it in place, with elbows pointing forward.
Now, this position is a little taxing on the wrists, or at least it was on mine. The wildest thing happened last night. I went to bed about 9:00 and planned on reading for a little while. I made it through a chapter or so, but then woke up at 12:40 am and my wrists were absolutely killing me. Somehow I had flipped over onto my stomach and my hands were underneath me, bent at the wrist. It literally felt like both wrists were broken. Lord knows how I ended up in the position (I'm thinking Pod flipped me) but it surely hurt. So they were perfectly fine this morning, just a little sore.
Here are the weights I did:

5 (65#) x 5 (85#) x 5 (75#) x 5 (75#) x 5 (75#)

I could have probably done the last 3 at 85#, but I wanted to make sure I went low enough (hips below patella) and had good form, so I went a little lighter.

Afterwards I did some detail work with the biceps, triceps and calves. Both were a little sore from the towel pullups and pushups, but I just went with light weights and high reps for shape rather than size.

It should work out well because I believe Sunday will be a rest day, and I have to work at the gym so that will be good.

Also these Santa Ana winds out here are no joke! 60-70 mph!

No comments:

Post a Comment