Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WOD 2-24-09

Well, officially it was a Crossfit rest day, but I am going to take tomorrow off instead. I have to go out to the airport all day for work, so will have no time to get in a workout. I wasn't able to buy a bike until this afternoon. I bought a Schwinn hybird bike..not quite a full fledged mountain bike, not quite a road bike..which is pretty much exactly what I needed. All it needs are some cages for the pedals and I should be good to go. I figure if I stick to cages I can pare down my transition time for duathlons - I am hoping to sign up for the 3- race Webster duathlon series.

Anyways, so here is what I did today (if I can remember, it is a lot easier just copying and pasting from the Crossfit website!):

  • Ran 1.5 mile loop in 14:00 (taking it easy as legs were killing from yesterday)
  • 25 - 8 lb. med ball swings (my interpretation of kettlebell swings)
  • 25 - 25 lb. bench presses (very, very light, I know)
  • 25 - 8 lb. med ball swings
  • 25 - 25 lb. barbell bicep curls
  • 25 - 8 lb. med ball swings
  • 25 - ~30 lb. rope pulldowns (using a resistance band attached to a high hook)

I did this circuit twice and subsituted the rope pulldowns for close-grip bench presses the second go-round.

I am training my older sister and she has her second workout tonight. Her first workout was Sunday and she did really well, although she told me yesterday she felt like she had been hit by a truck. I've got a good one planned for tonight, so it should be fun.

So rest day tomorrow, and back at it on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I was hit by the "Megan" truck...and boy did it hurt...

    Great workout tonight!!! See you on Thursday..

    Love,

    Me

    ReplyDelete