Sunday, March 15, 2009

WOD 3-15-09

"J.T."

21-15-9 reps of:

Handstand push-ups
Ring dips
Push-ups

Post time to comments.

I did:

Modified handstand push-ups (feet up on bench, body bent in a 90 degree angle)
Assissted ring dips (with homemade rings I built yesterday! One foot on chair and one foot on ground, these were TOUGH even with one foot down)
Knee push-ups

Time: 5:54

Even with all of the modifications, this was a very tough chest and shoulder workout. I really enjoyed using the rings, and the instability was a factor I could have never imagined would have made it so tough. Good though! I have been "out of the saddle" for a couple of days, not doing CrossFit workous but still getting workouts in.
Friday morning was really rainy and cold outside, so I figured I could use a step-bench and do step ups while I caught up on "The Real Housewives of NYC". So I stepped up for an hour, alternating the lead leg on each commercial break. An hour later, I felt good and my heart was pumping. Fast forward to Saturday morning - my calves have never been so sore. They are still pretty sore today. I thought my glutes would be sore, but had no clue the calves would be so affected. I guess pushing off the ground each time got them, and got them good. So today was my first Rx'd WOD and it felt really good - weather still sucks but I was able to do a 20 minute warm up jog.

Training my mom and sister tonight, probably inside for another circuit workout, should be good! Kicked their butts on Thursday night with an indoor circuit, so will just switch up the exercises today.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! My butt HURTS!!! I will be feeling this for awhile!!!!

    Thanks ;-)

    Love ya.

    See you Tuesday, that is if I can walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed!!! My butt HURTS!!!! I will be feeling this for awhile.

    Thanks ;-)

    Love ya.

    See you on Tuesday (if I can walk!!!)

    ReplyDelete