Monday, March 9, 2009

WOD 3-9-09

Complete as many rounds as you can in twenty minutes of:

5 Handstand Push-ups
10 L Pull-ups
15 Steps, Walking Lunge

Post rounds completed to comments.

Well I woke up this morning feeling weird, my alarm went off at 6 and I pressed snooze until about 7. Then turned it off and didn't wake up until 8! It don't know if it was the time change or what, but I was out of it. I knew I had to get a good workout in though, because I didn't know if I would be able to workout on Tuesday and Wednesday because I have to go to San Francisco for work. But my flight tomorrow isn't until 1:30, so I will definitely get a workout in tomorrow and take Wednesday as a rest day. Anyways, so I didn't have enough time to get in a run like I would have liked, but I did do the WOD. I had a few subs, so here is was I did:

5 - 60 lb. barbell shoulder presses (subbed for HSPU - still just not there!)
10 - L Pull-Ups (with 1 foot assisst)
15 steps - Walking Lunge

In 20:00 I was able to complete 11 rounds and get in one more set of shoulder presses, with 0:17 to spare. It was short and intense, and afterwards I was absolutely drenched with sweat. So it was a good one and exactly what I needed this morning. Will try and get a good run in tomorrow (2-3 miles) and do the WOD.

Yesterday was a good day as it marked the start of Michelle's 5th consecutive week of working out. Is that right? I got so mixed up on the dates between what she was saying and what my mom was saying, I'm not sure if that is correct. I think it is. But she is moving right along with her weight and fitness goals, and it is an exciting time for her, so good job Michelle.

My mom also joined in on the fun yesterday and I feel bad that I didn't get a chance to ask her how she was doing this morning. But for her first workout in a while (due to oral surgery and a hectic schedule) she did really well.

My sister Meredith is there with us in spirit, and I am going to try my best to come up with a good workout plan for her to do up in KY. Crossfit will definitely be integrated as I am just an absolute believer in it.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to getting my new workout plan! I'm looking forward to incorporating more strength training into my running/biking/swimming routine. I took the road bike out yesterday and had a blast! There is a new subdivision just down the road from us - there is a ton of new paved streets w/ no houses yet, so it is the perfect place to ride.

    ReplyDelete