Tuesday, March 17, 2009

WOD 3-17-09

"Murph"

For time:

1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Post time to comments.

No body armor/vest, assisted kipping pull-ups, knee push-ups, squats - 10 rounds of 10/20/30.

Time: 46:44

Now this was the first CrossFit workout I ever did, back on 1-1-09. My time on that workout was 42:17. I don't believe that was correct. Since it was my first workout, I wasn't doing the pull-ups or squats correctly, and I am not exactly sure how far I ran.

I was able to get my odometer working on my bike, so I did a warm-up ride and mapped out a one mile course. I gave this one everything I had, and I am whooped. Doing it correctly and having some experience behind me really made a difference. I had a much greater range of motion on both the pull-ups and squats. The squats are what got me. I knew I was in trouble after round three when I could barely walk to the pull-up bar! And then setting off on that second mile, I felt like I was wearing a pair of concrete buckets for shoes. It was definitely tough but definitely worth it. Also "anti-puke" breaks accounted for about 2 total minutes of my time. I was VERY close several times. Gracious.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a work out! And what a great name for it, too.

    I am testing out all of the workouts you gave me at home (with "pretend" weights, ha ha!) to build confidence, and I will start doing them at the gym on Monday. I'm looking forward to it!

    Glad you didn't puke. Puts that poster you have "squat till you puke" in perspective, eh?

    ReplyDelete