Thursday, March 19, 2009

WOD 3-18 and WOD 3-19

WOD 3-19-09

Ten rounds for time of:

3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-up

For weighted pull-ups place a 45 pound dumbbell between the legs above crossed ankles and jettison the dumbbell after third rep and continue with strict pull-ups and then the kipping pull-ups. Coming off the bar or going to ground constitutes termination of a set.
Post time and number of sets to completion.

Time: 13:07

Well, since there was no way I could add 45 lbs. to me and can only do assissted pull-ups thus far, I just did 10 rounds of 15 pull-ups. I also did a 20 minute run beforehand, probably a little over two miles.

150 pull-ups sure do add up fast!



WOD 3-18-09

Split Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Post loads to comments.

I did 10 reps at 60 lbs. I probably could have done 70-75 lbs. but once again, I'm careful when it comes to the heavy weights and no spot. A split jerk is basically a push-press but you jump into a quarter lunge position.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Megan! It was nice to meet and work out with you at Taylor Sport.

    ReplyDelete