Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WOD 3-24-09

Deadlift:

1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Well, today was my first time doing deadlifts with proper technique and coaching, and I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. It was nice to have a heavy day, and I was sweating just as much as any metcon (metabolic conditioning) day.

I really had no idea of what I could do on the deadlift, because all I have really done before is 135 lbs., and then attempted 225 lbs. and failed miserably, but never really never tried anything in between! Don't ask me what I was thinking.

So, today we did some great warm up stuff for the core, as well as warm ups for technique on the deadlifts.

My heaviest lift was around 155 lbs. I believe...not so great but I know I will get better quickly. I tried a heavier weight (and I am not even sure how heavy it was..around 185-190 maybe?) for several attempts and that bar was just not moving. When it comes to my legs I have never had any confidence..I have never gone very heavy on squats because I just didn't think I could and I have never really truly attempted a heavy deadlift (until today!). I think my legs are actually pretty strong, I just have to fully realize that and use them more!

It is SO great to be working out at Taylor Sport now and have Laura as my trainer. After being a trainer myself the past few years, it is really interesting to be on the other side of the equation. It's also inspiring to see Dr. Taylor working out with impeccable form and to see my fellow Crossfitter Tiffany deadlift 209 like it was nothing. That is where I want to be, and I can see myself getting there quickly.

One more workout tomorrow evening and then I'll take Thursday as a recovery day, then back at it on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment