Thursday, March 26, 2009

WOD 3-25-09

Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 5

Plus "cookie":
15-10-5
30 lb. dumbbell snatch
200 meter run

Another great workout! It was my first time going to the 6pm workout. We did some great core warm-up exercises with the Swiss balls and Bosu balls, and then it was on to the workout.

I did 65 lbs. for my shoulder presses, and without the help of Laura "guiding" the barbell on my last few reps I don't think I would have been able to get them. The first 2 sets were feeling good but by set number 3 I was really feeling it. Very proud of myself for getting 65 up...75 here I come!
We then moved on to the db snatch which really incorporates the shoulder "shrug" to get that dumbbell moving. 30 lbs. was pretty heavy, but I was able to do them and I can already see 40 lbs. in my near future.

Thankfully today is an off day as my shoulders are super sore and my legs have some lingering soreness from the deadlifts.

Back at it tomorrow morning and Saturday morning at Taylor!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your work outs at Taylor! How is the boot camp shaping up?

    ReplyDelete