Thursday, March 5, 2009

WOD 3-5-09

Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Post loads to comments.

Saw this last night and was pretty excited. I woke up feeling really good this morning, so I am thankful for yesterday's rest day. I watched some Crossfit videos for inspiration (and a technical reminder for the proper form on clean and jerks) and then headed out for my workout.

I did a two-mile warm up run in 17:09, a little disappointed as I would have liked to keep it in the 16:00 range, but I'll get it next time. Then did the WOD, doing 60 lbs. for all 7 reps. 60 lbs. was definitely tough, but I should have probably pushed it to 65 or 70. But for safetys sake, I tend to lean to the side of caution when I am home alone and pushing heavy weight above my head. But afterwards I did do 5 reps of a standing shoulder press, with no help from the legs, using strictly my shoulders. I did 60 lbs for the 5 reps, so I was pretty proud of that.

I am going to start a boot camp in the near future for friends of my sister and mom, so I am going to start an additional blog where I can post details such as dates/times/forms/location and also post the workouts so the attendees can go back and look at what they did. So look for that soon!

Bootcamp blog: http://www.clearlakebootcamp.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Boot camp - what a great idea! Sounds like you are living the life in warm, sunny Clear Lake. Do I sound bitter?!? It is finally starting to warm up a little around here - high of 60 today!

    I bet everyone will appreciate the boot camp. Where are you going to have it? You should make them run up and down the sides of the bayou behind the house.

    ReplyDelete