Friday, March 6, 2009

WOD 3-6-09

"Jackie"

1000 meter row
45 pound Thruster, 50 reps
30 pull-ups

Post time to comments.

Subbed 100 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls for 1000 meter row.

Time: 13:26

Wow. I believe this was the toughest WOD I have done so far - slightly edging out the "virtual shoveling" incident. I came in from this one dirty, sweaty, bloody and dazed. In other words..a great workout!

The SDHPs weren't the worst part, although I really wish I could do this with a rower at some point because the SDHPs are just kind of awkward. I think I could knock at least a minute or so off if I was using a rower. But the thrusters (a front squat into a shoulder press) - Lord have mercy. My shoulders are killing. But this workout to me exemplifies the beauty of Crossfit. In a little over 13 minutes, I got a great workout. You go all out because you know you are racing against the clock, and that really is a great motivator. I did a 25:00 warm up ride on the bike..took off the front brake pads so that was great because I was having trouble with them sticking. Also it turns out that the computer I bought was a POS because halfway through the ride it went back to the original set-up screen, asking for the dimensions of the tires. So, I'll reset it again at some point and hope it works. Well, one more workout tomorrow then a CF rest day Sunday, but will probably still go for a run. Heading to the Cypress Premium Outlet mall tomorrow with my mama, so Under Armour and Nike stores here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment