Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paleo Diet

All of the Regional qualifiers for the 2009 Crossfit Games are happening now, last weekend and in the coming weekends. I have been watching the videos from these and I am SO inspired. I really, really want to compete in 2010 Games. Well, my goal is to compete in the Regional qualifier next year to see if I am good enough for the Games, and if I am not, I will have a clear picture of what I need to work on for the next year.

I have realized that I need to get serious about training, and quick. The Crossfit workouts at Taylor are excellent, but I need to start doing more to really get myself into serious shape. And it all boils down to nutrition! So, as of today I am starting the "Paleo" diet. Severe? Yes. Drastic? Pretty much. Necessary? Absolutely. It is a very simple concept as far as diets go. If it wasn't here two thousand years ago, don't eat it. I am usually pretty good when it comes to nutrition. I hardly eat fast food, I don't overeat, and I eat 4-6 small meals a day. But, it is much easier for me to follow a strict plan rather than just kind of eat what I think is okay. So, here goes nothing I guess. I am going to post a food log daily on here to keep myself accountable. Also I just bought a ton of EAS Light protein shakes so I am going to drink 1 a day until I use them up, that will be my only detour from the paleo plan.

I am also going to be doing more running/cardio, and I will follow crossfitendurance.com for guidance on these workouts.

1 comment:

  1. Paleo plan! You crazy. I would kind of like to try this out though. But I would have to have 1 day of non-paleo eating per week for a while I think, with the goal being to totally make the switch. Let me know how it goes - I might follow suit.

    ReplyDelete