Thursday, April 23, 2009

WOD 4-22-09/Food Log

10 Rounds for time:

12 burpees
12 pull-ups

Time: 28:19

Ah the dreaded burpees! These things are my kryptonite! However, they did not whoop me nearly as bad as the last workout we did with them about 3 weeks ago - the burpee, dip fiasco where I thought I was going to pass out. So, I still hate the burpees but slowly but surely I am getting better at them! The pull-ups were tough but good. They got a lot of new bands to use for assistance and so I am using a green band that is pretty thick, so I would like to graduate to the slightly thinner blue band pretty soon. I really tried to use my hips and get the kipping motion down, and when I got it right I could really feel it just propel me up and over the bar, so that was good.

Rest day today! I really, really wanted to go for a run this morning but I decided to be smart and take the rest day. It was a Crossfit Endurance rest day, so that works out. "Filthy fifty" (50 reps of 10 different exercises - box jumps, pull-ups, burpees, lunges, wall ball, etc.) was the rx'd WOD on main site today, and I know that Laura will throw that at us one of these days. Pretty excited about it! So, off today, run and workout at Taylor tomorrow morning.

Food log for 4-22-09

I apologize about quality of log - will have to come up with a better way of importing my logs!

2 comments:

  1. The quality of the food log isn't bad if you click on it and enlarge it.

    But only 1,460 calories - holy cow! (remember how Brit used to say that) Don't you need like 1,000 more - taking your running and workouts into consideration?

    Also, I just got done reading Dean Karnazes's 50 Marathons in 50 Days book. Cheesy, but a good read. He talks about the paleo diet, and my favorite part is when he says "Would a cave man eat ice cream? Nope!" Because I just imagine a cave man sitting there gazing longingly at a Drumstick.

    Also, I just started Lance's "It's Not About the Bike" last night - so far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I do need more calories. It was a little off because I was working out at 4:30 so my lunch couldn't be too big - today I will have two chicken breasts. I might also throw some almond butter into the mix, just because I do need a lot more calories and I am not quite sure how to get them. I will read up on Dean K. though - I am sure he has some pretty good tips!

    "It's Not About the Bike" is pretty good - but "Every Second Counts" changed my life!

    ReplyDelete