Thursday, April 16, 2009

WOD 4-16-09

"Danny"

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:

24 inch Box Jump, 30 reps (25 inch box)
115 pound Push Press, 20 reps (50 pounds)
30 Pull-ups (jumping pull-ups, chin above bar)

Post rounds completed to comments.

In 20 minutes I was able to complete 3 rounds, and I was making my way through the 4th when time ran out. I completed the 30 box jumps and 8 push presses.

Whoa - this was a tough one. Is it just me or have I been saying that a lot lately? I could definitely feel that extra inch on the box jumps! I would have loved to get 4 rounds, or at least finished the push presses. Oh well, next time!
I felt pretty good throughout the workout, although I could feel it in my back from the pull-ups last night. The box jumps were the toughest part for sure, although that 50 lbs. got pretty heavy too. Another great workout and will be in tomorrow am and then Saturday and Sunday off!


Some pictures of today's WOD compliments of Dr. Taylor!








Also just to note, this is why the workout is named Danny (from Crossfit.com):

Oakland SWAT Sergeant Daniel Sakai, age 35, was killed on March 21, 2009 in the line of duty along with fellow officers Sergeant Ervin Romans, Sergeant Mark Dunakin, and Officer John Hege. Daniel is survived by wife Jenni and daughter Jojiye.

When WODs are male names, they are in honor fallen military, police officers, firefighters, etc.

1 comment: