Tuesday, April 7, 2009

WOD 4-7-09

5 Rounds for Time of:

15 Dumbbell Split Cleans (15 lbs.)
21 Pull-Ups

Time: 17:23

Well this was a good one and I felt SO much better today. We were talking about yesterday's workout and how it is hard for your body to adjust from going upright to prone over and over and over. So I am glad that explains the dizziness, and hopefully as I do more burpees my body will adjust.

So the split cleans were something new - you start in bottom of a squat position with dumbbells at your sides, jump and shrug the weight up to your shoulders and land in a lunge position. The weight didn't seem too bad..and I may even bump up to 20 lbs. next time...but my legs were definitely feeling it. I did the pull-ups on the door bar with two bands on my feet for assistance. They definitely helped but they were still tough. I really like using the new bar because it is thicker and I think that will help my grip strength really improve.

Training Mom and Michelle tonight, then it's back at Taylor tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment