Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WOD 5-5-09

"Barbell Tuesday" and "How Many Power Cleans in 10 Minutes?"

Answer: 63

So we started off with a lesson in lingo from Dr. Taylor regarding the terms: clean, snatch, power, hang. So, I will try my best to recap, more for my own good really to see if I can remember!

Clean: barbell comes from floor to shoulders, "ride it down" to floor and back up to standing
Snatch: barbell comes from floor to overhead, "ride it down" to floor and back up to standing
Power: you stay up and do not "ride it down"
Hang: barbell starts off the ground, could be at the knees, mid thigh, etc.

So, you could have a clean, a power clean, or a hang power clean. The clean and the snatch are the two main movements, the power and hang are just variations. Got it? Ha!

So then we got onto the movements and focused on the power cleans. I feel like I am getting it a little more and more each week, so that is great. I'll never miss a Tuesday as I think the Olympic lifts will help a ton with CF workouts, as long as I am doing the lifts correctly!

So I was pretty happy with 63 reps, will shoot for 75-80 next time, or a heavier weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment