Friday, June 19, 2009

WOD 6-19-09

For time:

Run 800 meters
21 deadlifts (165 lbs.)
21 push-ups
Run 400 meters
15 deadlifts
15 push-ups
Run 200 meters
9 deadlifts
9 push-ups

Time: 23:34

This was a GREAT workout. It was very tough with the high reps of heavy deadlifts, but I was able to do it and that was a huge confidence booster. The runs really felt good too, and I was able to do the push-ups without much of a problem, and only one split set on the first round when I did 15, 5 second break and then the remaining 6. I am definitely going to be feeling those deadlifts for the next couple of days. I really really needed today, because mentally I could just feel myself slipping and that is not the state of mind I want going into this final week before the Houston summer challenge. So I have got another heavy day tomorrow and will start to taper off in preparation for next Saturday. I have really pushed myself (and Coach Laura was right there pushing me too) to go heavy - sometimes heavier than I thought I was capable of - this week to really build the strength. I know I'll most likely be doing 155 at the challenge for deadlifts, so doing 165 today is a major boost. And the best part is I was able to do like 4-5 reps at a time before resetting - last Saturday I did a workout with a similar DL/run rep scheme, and I was struggling to crank out singles, maybe 2 reps at a time. I think my form has improved and I have found a comfortable grip, and that has made all the difference. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout already!

1 comment:

  1. Hey when I am home for Christmas, can we go to James Coney Island? Man I want a coney dog right now!!

    ReplyDelete