Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WOD 7-6-09

Modified "Eva":

3 rounds (rather than 5)
800 meter run
30 kb swings (40 lb. db)
30 pull ups

Time: 43:20

Whoa - let me just first say that I cannot even imagine 5 rounds of this. This was a tough, tough workout. Runs felt okay, had a little trouble with stomach cramping which slowed me down a little bit. KB swings were heavy (I went up from 35 lbs.) but felt good. The pull-ups were tough but I was able to get them done, with my tape grips completely going to hell after the second round. So, on the third round I pretty much ripped my hands to shreds, but what are you gonna do. Going to take some scissors to a pair of batting gloves today and see what I can come up with in terms of palm protection. But man oh man, five rounds will be a killer. Goal for the 5 rounder (Laura says we will do it once it gets a little cooler) - under 55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment