Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WOD 7-7-09

Barbell Tuesday work:

We had three parts to this workout: snatch/clean & front squat/met-con of ohs & jump rope

Snatch: 2-2-2-2-2:

loads: 47 lbs.-47 lbs.-57 lbs.-57 lbs.-57 lbs.

Still trying to find my groove with the snatch...had major issues on pulling before I was supposed too (when bar makes it right above the knees) so I was losing a lot of power. Will focus on this with stick work during warm-ups, probably went a little heavier than I should have. And yes I hate to admit that I am saying 57 lbs. is heavy.

1 Clean + 2 Front Squats x 5:

loads: 47 lbs. - 77 lbs. - 77 lbs. - 77 lbs. - 77 lbs.

Did a little better with technique on the cleans and front squats felt good, could have probably front squatted more but I didn't want my clean technique to suffer so I stayed at the 77 lbs.

Met-con:

15 overhead squats (55 lbs.)
100 jump rope
10 overhead squats
150 jump rope
5 overhead squats
200 jump rope

Time: 9:15

I really struggled with the overhead squats. I was going onto the toes too much, and Dr. Thea explained that it was a combination of the bar not being far enough back (directly over my head rather than over my traps/upper back) and leaning forward as I fatigue. So, more work on the OHS as well! I feel like I do okay form wise with the stick, but once I get some weight on there I lose everything. I know a major factor is the lockout of the arms and active shoulder (shrug) to stabilize the weight. Just have to keep working!

Arms and back are really starting to feel Monday's workout, second day is always the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment