Friday, August 7, 2009

Non WOD related post!

So yesterday when I got home from running errands I was greeted at the front door by a snake - bigger than a garden snake but not large enough to make me scream or take my clothes off (which a suprising amount of people do, including my grandma). It was probably about a foot long and maybe an inch thick. There are a couple of steps leading up to the front door and I guess it heard me coming and the snake just launched itself off into the bushes.

And then last night I opened the door to take Pod out for his nightly business and what is there to meet us at the door?

None other than a large, evil looking possum. Scared me to death! Of course I didn't shut the door quick enough, so as soon as the possum took off Pod went right after it. So then I ran out screaming and my dad was right on my heels, probably screaming as well. For one I didn't want Pod to chase that thing too far or possibly through the gate and into the street and for two I didn't want Pod to get bitch-slapped by those claws. So luckily Pod stopped right at the grass- I think us screaming at him scared him more than anything - and the possum went on his way.

Quite the evening! I picked pod up to take him back in the house and it felt like his heart was beating about 90 mph, but that very likely could have been mine that I felt! And my poor mom was back in her room working on her computer, and the window faces right onto the patio, so all she heard was our "terrible screams" and she came running as well. The whole thing was over in less than a minute but it just scared me to death! Haha, pretty funny though. And Meredith don't plan on writing Pod into any chapters of your children's book about a Dachsund a possum.

Here are some pictures from the Alexandria trip:



Me, Pod, Brit, Emma, Meredith


Back row: my dad, my sister Michelle, brother-in-law Chad

1 comment:

  1. What a day! And yes, I will be featuring Pod in my children's book. He is going to be the kindly old grandfather in the neighborhood that the dachshunds and possums play in. That picture of the little possum is hilarious - it's ears make it look like a terribly frightening version of Mickey Mouse!

    ReplyDelete