Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WOD 8-5-09

4 rounds for time:

Run 400 meters
30 deadlifts (77 lbs. - went really light just due to sheer volume)
30 kettlebell swings (25 lbs. - again, went pretty light with these)

Time: 20:54

I really, really liked this workout. It was nice to power through the deadlifts at a lighter weight - for the first round I was able to knock out the 30 without even taking a break. I always like the running WODs, and I like DLs and KBs so I thought it was a really great workout. Jason originally had 5 rounds, and I think I would have liked 5 better. After the 4th round I was tired but not completely spent, and I think that 5th round would have really made me push myself.

Did a one mile run this morning before the WOD and I am continually working on the Pose method and the drills. Bought some racing flats and was amazed at how much difference a much lighter shoe makes. The shoes are hideous though as there wasn't much of a selection! Well they had some pretty good looking Pumas but they didn't have my size and I was too impatient to wait for them to be ordered. Going to start doing some early morning track workouts at the high school and really follow CFE site, getting bored with the neighborhood routes I have been running for a couple of months.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about getting some Nike Frees when my Mizunos bite the dust - the Mizunos feel so heavy. Let me know how the racing flats work for your runs - what distances are you doing? Under 5 miles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - they are working well so far! Mostly short/fast distances. Most CFE workouts are pretty short, but like today is a 15k run. But I think that is about the max I have seen. Not doing the 15k because I had a Crossfit workout at 10 then I am going back for an Olympic lifting workout at 4, but will do a CFE workout tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete