Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WOD 8-4-09

"Barbell Tuesday"

So it was an Olympic lifting day and I was definitely inspired after watching the meet on Saturday.

Power Clean + Push Jerk
(2 + 2) x 6

So we would do two cleans, then two jerks for 6 sets.

For the weight I started at 20k and worked up to 40k (88 lbs.) for the last set.

Then we did a short WOD of:

21-15-9
Front Squats
Sit-Ups

I backed down to 35 k (77 lbs.) for the workout.

This workout was tough but felt really great because I never had to drop and re-rack the weights during the squats. In past workouts I would do 10 or so then drop the bar, then have to clean it and waste that energy. So I still had to take a couple of breaks, but I just took them while standing and having the bar racked up on my shoulders.

Time: 5:33

Quads definitely feeling it this moring, and my lats are still pretty sore from Monday for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment