Monday, August 10, 2009

WOD 8-7-09

"Flying Barbell"
*you cannot let go/put down the barbell until all four rounds are complete

(I used 35 lb. barbell)

4 rounds for time of:
25 Overhead Lunges
25 Push Presses
217 Meter "Trot"
Time: 19:06

This was a good one! Definitely tough. My shoulders were killing me throughout, and that was the toughest part about the run - trying to hold the bar on my traps just killed my shoulders, so I had to just hold it in front of me at about mid-thigh for most of the runs. This made running difficult so it was mostly just a quick walk. I had a couple of 5 second breaks through the lunges and push-presses, but then I figured there was really no point in taking a break because I still couldn't let go of the dang barbell. But it was a great workout and looking forward to doing it again.


Overhead Lunges

"Trot"
I then went back in the afternoon from 4-6 for the Olympic lifting workout. All weights listed below are in kilos (1 kilo = 2.2 pounds)
Overhead Squats 3x5
15 for all 3 sets
Snatch-Grip Upright Row 3x8
15 for all 3 sets
Hang Power Snatch 6x2
15-25-25-25-25-25
Hang Power Clean 6x2
25-25-35-35-40-40
Push-Press 5x5
30 for all 5 sets
Was another good workout! Shoulders were killing for a while after the mornings workout and then this, but I know I am building strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment