Sunday, September 13, 2009

WOD 9-10-09

Deadlifts
3-2-1-1-1

Then 3 rounds for time:
400 meter run
21 bodyweight deadlifts (145 lbs.)
12 burpees

Weights for deadlifts:
145 lbs. - 165 lbs. - 187 lbs. - 203 lbs. - 203 lbs.

A deadlift PR of 13 lbs. since my Crossfit Total! Felt great!

Time for wod: 16:57

Now that was tough - doing 145 lb. deads for 21 reps each round. Burpees and run felt good. Mentally getting much tougher - was able to get in 11 deadlifts before having to take a 5 second break. Used to be about 4-5 reps before I would "have" to drop the bar. Started to round my back on the last round and my upper back was definitely feeling it the next day.

Handstand push-ups have always been my Achilles heel - I can get a little dip in once I'm up, but the major problem I had was just kicking up onto the wall. So I have been working on this, because I won't ever get it if I just ignore it, and Coach Laura has been putting it in the warm-up/skill work. So on Thursday morning I was finally able to get the kick up down! I know it may not seem huge, but I have been working on this since March! So that was awesome. And then to top it off with the deadlift PR, it was a great day!



Made it up!
203 lb. deadlift..still a ways to go, but making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment