Thursday, December 3, 2009

WOD 12-3-09

50 Russian twists with 9 lb. ball
3 times max handstand push-ups
1: 3 pads, 12 push-ups
2: 2 pads, 6 push-ups
3: 2 pads, 6 push-ups

Then...

30 burpees
10 sumo-deadlift high pulls (65 lbs.)
25 double unders
20 burpees
15 sumo-deadlift high pulls
25 double unders
10 burpees
20 sumo-deadlift high pulls
25 double unders

Time: 14:42

This one was tough! I used to love seeing jump rope in a WOD because that would be my recovery time, not with the double unders! Man those things take it out of you. It was so cold in the gym today - had that burning in the lungs feeling that really slowed me down. Oh well, will just get conditioned to work out in lower temperatures!

This is going to be a really busy, active weekend. Friday I am going out with my family (sans Meredith and Chad, wish yall could be here!) to celebrate my mom's birthday. We are going out to eat and then to some Houston Symphony holiday concert and Grace church. Should actually be a pretty good time! I'm going to try my best to get in an hour of Olympic Weightlifting on Fri from 4-5, but that may be cutting it pretty close!

Then on Saturday at 8am Michelle and I are running in the Reindeer Run in Nassau Bay. This will be Michelle's first attempt at running/jogging the entire race so it should be fun. Cold, but fun. She has come a long way in the 9 months that she has really focused on exercise and nutrition, and I am very proud of her. Below are photos taken exactly 1 year apart - incredible! Keep up the good work Michelle!




Then I will head over to Crossfit Bay Area for the Lumberjack Memorial WOD that will honor and raise money for all of those that were killed or injured at Ft. Hood. Four members of the affiliate Crossfit Lumberjack were killed. Check out http://www.cflumberjack.org/ for more information! Another Clear Lake area affiliate, Crossfit in Common, and their members are also coming over to CF Bay Area for the workout.

Sunday will be a group training run with the other CF Bay Area members that are going to do the Lucky Trails half marathon.

It will be a very active and very cold weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a weekend! Mom told me about the symphony/choir concert - it is times like these I really wish we lived close by so that we could go to those things with everyone! = (

    Soon enough, we will be back close to home, though! Good luck on the 5k this weekend!! I'll call yall on Saturday afternoon to see how it goes. The Lumberjack Memorial sounds like it will be neat - what a good way to honor those four people who were killed.

    I hope your training runs are going well for Lucky Trails...I will do that race with you one day!

    ReplyDelete