Thursday, February 11, 2010

WOD 2-11-10

Front Squat
3 - 3 - 3 - 1 - 1 -1

99 lbs - 121 lbs. - 130 lbs. - 130 lbs. - 132 lbs. - 132 lbs. (PR up from 125)

Then...

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

10 sumo-deadlift high pulls (65 lbs.)
15 box jumps (20 inch)
10 push-press (65 lbs.)

Rounds: 9 + 4 sumo-deadlift high pulls

This one felt GREAT! I knew I was moving pretty quickly, so I was very happy with a little over 9 rounds. We did this same WOD in June, and back then I only did 5 rounds plus sdhps and 5 box jumps. So that was awesome to almost double my rounds. I tried my best to keep moving and not take any unneccesary breaks. Coach Laura said "what is that time really giving you? do you really need that?" and it finally clicked that no, I don't really need them. I THINK I need them, but if I just keep moving it will be over soon enough and I can rest then. So that was awesome to have that really click. I mean, it has clicked before, but I was never mentally strong enough to do anything about it! So that was definitely a breakthrough. Thanks Coach!
After sucky performances on Monday and Tuesday, I really needed this. This morning was really fun, and I have to remember that is the point and why I love it so much.
I am hoping to get in two WODs tomorrow - met con in the am and the Olympic lifting wod in the afternoon. Work has been crazy so I may miss the morning, but I will definitely be there for the 4-6 Olympic wod. Love those! Also I am really excited about Saturday's workout - I love Saturday morning WODs and I have missed the past two weeks at the gym because of competitions. Will be nice to be "at home" for a Saturday wod!

No comments:

Post a Comment